- Internet is the first and foremost requirement (Wired or Wireless). Also it is recommended to try this feature if you have a wired internet connection as it will save on the cost of WiFi router and make your laptop a WiFi router to share your internet connection easily with anyone you wish to.
- Download the software for internet sharing i. every Virtual router manager from the link provided https://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/. The software is an open source software for sharing internet and is free of any charges.
- Install the software on your laptop and open the window of virtual router manager and then do the following setting
- Network SSID is the name of the internet router/network ID you want to give. Example : HOME_net
- Set the password you want to keep for the internet sharing network
- Select the network to which laptop in connected for internet connection like Wireless network connection or Broadband connection. The settings are now complete.
- Click on Start Virtual Router.
- Now you can connect any device to the wifi network you created on Virtual router manager by using the correct Network SSID and password and you can start sharing your internet now.
- Once your device is connected to this network you will also be able to view the Mac ID and the IP Address
- Few internet support number are as under
AT&T: Call 1-800-331-0500 and keep pressing 0.
Boost: Call 1-888-266-7848. Press 5 then 2 then 4 then 0 then 2.
Metro PCS: Call 1-888-8METRO8 or 1-888-863-8768 and keep pressing #.
Sprint: Call 1-888-211-4727. Press 4 then 0.
Straight Talk: Call 1-877-430-2355. Press 1, then 4, then 4.
T-Mobile: Call 1-877-453-1304. Say the word “English,” then “representative.”
Verizon: Call 1-800-922-0204. Press 0 then # four times then 0.
Virgin Mobile: Call 1-888-322-1122 and keep pressing 0.